tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Watson" <c.wat...@zen.co.uk>
Subject IIS and SSL
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:54:33 GMT
I try again ....

Can anyone offer some advice

I am using - successfully - ISAPI redirector to serve JSP/servlet resources
through IIS

I would like some contexts to _require_ SSL (https) to be used, and leave
others free to use http.

I can see how to require _all_ contexts to use SSL by setting 'require
secure channel'
for the jakarta virtual directory under IIS. (And it works!)

But is there anyway I can achieve the same thing at a _context_ level
using workers.properties or uriworkermap.properties or the like?

I don't even think isSecure() will do what I want
since it looks like the parameter is set for the 'target' 8080 Connector
and doesn't come through the 8009 connector

An idea I had was to have more than one 'jakarta' virtual directory, one
requiring SSL, the other not,
but then I'm guessing the ISAPI filter uses the same Registry entry,
so I couldn't specify a different extension_uri to get to it ??
Is this the right thinking?? Is there a way round this?

Any other general advice - except "don't use IIS" (I have no choice for this
project!) - would be welcome.

Christopher