tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rune Hamnvik" <r...@mobinor.no>
Subject JNDIRealm and upper and lower case username
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:58:38 GMT
Hello
We are using JNDIRealm together with OpenLDAP to implement
authentication/authorization on Tomcat 4.0.4. But, we have one problem.
JNDIRealm seems to ignore case in the username. A user with username rune
can log in with both rune and Rune, but we use the username of the logged in
user several other places. For instance, we use the remote user to connect
to a POP3 server and to search i a database.

Is it possible to configure the JNDIRealm to not ignore case in the
username, or do we have to live with it ?

Rune Hamnvik
Mobinor AS
Norway