tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Wynter" <da...@roamware.com>
Subject RE: Urgent, no website until Apache 2.0.42 works with Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:16:15 GMT
Hi John,

Once I worked out I should be looking at the build.properties in /jk and not
in /util I was pretty OK. I get errors from that ant build. It cannot
resolve the packages javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http. These in
servlet.jar which is relative to CATALINA_HOME ( = /var/tomcat4 ) i.e.
/var/tomcat4/common/lib/servlet.jar So I exported CLASSPATH and it compiles.
Whooo hoo!

I tried to run it and got the same result no page and an exception when
stopping tomcat.

I realised that since I did the binaries first maybe that is a problem?
Anyway I followed the instructions in the readme.txt in the /jk directory. I
tried the "ant native" command and it failed because it could not find
jni_md.h which is a #include in the /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1/include/jni.h file?
This is the latest release of the JDK, doesn't seem too hot from Sun! Anyway
do I need this JNI library?

It says the alternative is to ./configure then make then dsp then apxs, but
there is no .configure file in the /jk directory, so I don't know what they
mean?

When I finish this I will compile your notes into a single document that
describes how to do this, it is sorely lacking for newbies to be able to
cope with this process.

Thanks

David