tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Ventura" <>
Subject How can I maintain sessions between IIS and Tomcat?
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:29:05 GMT
Sorry for having replied this mail but I have set a more detailed
subject for it, hoping someone can help me in solving the problem described

Thanks everybody for the patience.

Hello everybody!

I have installed Tomcat as plug-in of Internet Information Server (IIS) to
support JSP/Servlet, using the ISAPI filter.
So I can support ASP pages thanks to IIS and Servlets/JSP-pages thanks to
All works well if I don't use sessions. In fact if I create an user-session
(object) in a JSP page or in a servlet, and then I insert information in it
(using setAttribute() method of HttpSession class) ,
the session object just created is not visible in an ASP page. The same
thing happens if I create
the session in an ASP page: the session will not visible in a JSP page. It
seems that IIS
and Tomcat can't exchange session information between them...why?

How can I solve this problem? Must I configure the ISAPI filter in some way?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>