tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Krygowski" <james.krygow...@shaws.com>
Subject JAASRealm SecurityException unable to instantiate LoginConfiguration
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:57:54 GMT
Hey All-

I'm trying to get the standard JAASMemoryLoginModule in Tomcat 4.1.9beta to
work and haven't had much success.  After tinkering with JAASRealm and
adding the following exception catch block:

        LoginContext loginContext = null;
        try {
            loginContext = new LoginContext
                (appName, new JAASCallbackHandler(this, username,
                                                  credentials));
        } catch (LoginException e) {
            log(sm.getString("jaasRealm.loginException", username), e);
            return (null);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            log(sm.getString("jaasRealm.loginException", username), e);
            return (null);
        }

I found that the instantiation of LoginContext results in a
java.lang.SecurityException with a detail message of "unable to instantiate
LoginConfiguration"

I'm using the standard 4.1.9beta install (standalone) and I've modified my
catalina.bat file so that the JAAS env variable is getting set
(-Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:/java/apache/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.9/conf/
auth.conf).

Can anyone point me toward a solution here?

thanks,

jk