tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vincent.Gabor...@answare.fr
Subject RE: Apache + Tomcat multiple instances
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 10:22:14 GMT
Nobody have an idea?
Need you more explications?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Vincent.Gaboriau@answare.fr [mailto:Vincent.Gaboriau@answare.fr]
Envoyé : mercredi 4 septembre 2002 14:36
À : tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Apache + Tomcat multiple instances

Hi all,

I already run Apache 2.0.40 + 2 instances of Tomcat 4.0.3 under Windows
2000.
To get the 2 instances running, I made 2 "server.xml", 2 "worker" directory,
2 "temp" directory and 2 "webapps" directory.
So it looks like 2 installations of Tomcat on one machine.
To run the instances, I modified the "catalina.bat" to execute 2 commands
"java.exe ....".

My questions are :
	Does another solution exist to run Tomcat in multiple instance? I think (1
server.xml which contains 2 services for exemple).
	Does one service correspond to one instance?
      Are we obliged to create 2 webapps directory in my case?

Thanks,

Vincent.

For additional commands, e-mail: