tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vincent.Gabor...@answare.fr
Subject RE: Apache + Tomcat multiple instances
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 07:55:28 GMT
We have quite the same problem as you.
So, We want to compare the performance between one and two instances.
We have already done a two instances configuration, but we want to know if
there is another way to do that and if it's more performant.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ekkehard Gentz [mailto:ekkehard@gentz-software.de]
Envoyé : jeudi 5 septembre 2002 20:21
À : Tomcat Users List
Objet : RE: Apache + Tomcat multiple instances

re: I wouldn't run two distinct
instances of tomcat unless there was a really good reason, like hosting
multiple sites and you want to be able to stop/start Tomcat on each one
without affecting the others, etc.
hi john,

we are also planning to run 2 tomcat instances on one server
the reason is the RAM which can be used from the JVM
with 4 GB ram you couldn't use it from one instance

regards

ekkehard

For additional commands, e-mail: