tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vincent.Gabor...@answare.fr
Subject RE: Help Deploying Servlet
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:44:50 GMT
Have you specify the "servlet-mapping".

for exemple :

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>AddNewsItem</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/AddNewsItem</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Chuck Carson [mailto:Chuck.Carson@syrrx.com]
Envoye : jeudi 12 septembre 2002 18:27
A : Tomcat Users List
Objet : Help Deploying Servlet

I have the following servlet:
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/AddNewsItem.class

I addded this to  WEB-INF/web.xml
<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>AddNewsItem</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>AddNewsItem</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
</web-app>

I restarted tomcat but I keep getting 404's when referring to
AddNewsItem from a jsp page like so:

<FORM action="AddNewsItem" method="POST">

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck Carson
Sr. Systems Administrator
Syrrx, Inc.
10410 Science Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
E: ccarson@syrrx.com <mailto:ccarson@syrrx.com>
W: 858.731.3540
M: 858.442.0827

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.