tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vincent.Gabor...@answare.fr
Subject RE: How to Change Port Number of Tomcat
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:27:05 GMT
I think that Andreas has right.
The ports of the connectors must be changed, but the shutdown port must also
be changed.
Try this and we'll see.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Garling, Matthew [mailto:Matthew.Garling@softwareag.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 12 septembre 2002 11:09
À : 'Tomcat Users List'
Objet : RE: How to Change Port Number of Tomcat

What ever you do, don't start putting tomcat 4 configuration entries in your
server.xml configuration file. The error you say you are getting isn't a
Tomcat problem at all. It sounds as though Tomcat is trying to start on the
new ports you defined BUT they are already in use. That happens when you
have to hard code ports.
I suggest you try a port that is not being used. Try running netstat to see
what ports are being used and code some different ones into your server.xml
file.

Matthew