tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel Angel Mulero Martinez <>
Subject RE: Cant get 4.1.10 to run on Win2K
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:24:59 GMT
Hi Chris!

Sorry, adding the user.dir option didn't work for me :-(

Maybe it can be that I have spaces too in the path (also for catalina.home).
When I change the path installation of tomcat, I will try another time. Is
strange, at home I have got it exactly in the same place and with the same
parameters (but under Windows XP) and it works great.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Christopher Watson []
Enviado el: lunes, 16 de septiembre de 2002 11:56
Para: Tomcat Users List; Miguel Angel Mulero Martinez
Asunto: RE: Cant get 4.1.10 to run on Win2K

Miguel, List

I seem to have fixed this by adding the following string value to the
registry key for the tomcat service
which on my system is one of the entries in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Apache Tomcat

Name                            Value
JVM Option Number n     -Duser.dir=v:\jakarta-tomcat

where n is one higher than the greatest JVM Option Number already there
and I also increased the value of JVM Option Count by one

v:\jakarta-tomcat is my tomcat home directory
which I note was already set up as the string value which reads

JVM Option Number 1     -Dcatalina.home=v:\jakarta-tomcat

As to WHY the catalina.home wasn't doing the trick, I have no idea

Also, I haven't tested further than getting JSP to work, so I don't know if
this fixes/breaks anything else.

Christopher Watson

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>