tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel Angel Mulero Martinez <miguel-angel.mul...@mad.tecsidel.es>
Subject RE: Antw: BUG: Try please
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:29:15 GMT
Thanks for your help, but I've got this registry key ok and the problem
remains. There are more people with this problem, but it seems there are
other without. I've tried tomcat 3.2, 3.3, 4.0.3, 4.0.4 and all worked
perfectly. I don't know why this problem, but I think I know something about
tomcat configuration.

Anybody has another idea?

Thanks!

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Andre Schild [mailto:A.Schild@aarboard.ch]
Enviado el: viernes, 13 de septiembre de 2002 10:53
Para: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto: Antw: BUG: Try please

Open regedit and look at
HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Apache Tomcat
4.1\Parameters

In the key "JVM Library" there should be the path to the J2SDK jvm.dll,
like:

C:\j2sdk1.4.0\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

André

>>> miguel-angel.mulero@mad.tecsidel.es 13.09.2002 09:40:12 >>>
After try myself a lot of things, and make the question in this group,
and
see others with the same problem, I think this is a bug. If someone
could
try it and confirms, I will post it to bugzilla:

- Windows 2000, SP3, JDK 1.4.0_01, Tomcat 4.1.10
- Install tomcat 4.1.10 (not LE). Install like a service.
- Verify the environment variable (CATALINA_HOME)
- Execute the service Tomcat, and go to the examples. Execute de date
jsp
example. Tomcat fails to compile de JSP.
- Stop the tomcat service. Go to the command line, to CATALINA_HOME and
type
"catalina start"
- Go to the date JSP example. Tomcat works fine.
- Stop tomcat. Start it another time from the service. Go to the date
JSP
example. Now works.
- Try others JSP (numguess.jsp). Fail.

This only happens with JSP that use classes from /WEB-INF/classes or
/WEB-INF/lib

Thanks!!