tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Payne" <dpa...@sotx.org>
Subject RE:[OT] tomcat stopped serving out pictures
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:33:30 GMT
Yep.  I've run into the same problem and it's been frustrating as hell.  The
problem seems to be specific to IE (I'm using 6.0.2800.1106, SP1). I've
tested with Opera and Netscape and they get the images just fine.  IE has
also been unable to parse some of the--apparently--footer information
appended to javascript include files, causing nasty javascript errors.
Hopefully this will be resolved in a Micro$oft update, but who knows?  Did
you discover anything new about this?

-Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Johnston [mailto:EPA2466@epa.state.il.us]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 11:50 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: tomcat stopped serving out pictures

Ok, this is a very strange problem.  My tomcat engine appears to be running
fine and the problem seems to be isolated to IE.  If you use the address of
the picture itself like http://localhost:8080/jakarta-banner.gif

The picture comes out fine.  However, http://localhost:8080/index.html
results in none of the pictures in the page being found.  This is most
likely an IE problem but I've never encountered it before and now it seems
to be persistent.  I've cleared my cache and deleted all offline content but
I'm still running into the problem.

Has anyone else ever witnessed this behavior.