tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Ventura" <ventl...@tiscali.it>
Subject How to run multiple instances of JSP pages/servlets in Tomcat?
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:57:35 GMT
Hello everybody!

In Tomcat 4.x I don't know how I can call automatically a JSP page when the
web application starts.
I mean...in Tomcat 4.x there is the web.xml file where I can declare:

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>MyServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>configFile</param-name>
                <param-value>my.conf</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

In this way the servlet "MyServlet" is called when the web app. starts...

Can I do the same thing with a jsp page (the jsp page should be like a
servlet, in fact it is translated into a servlet when it is called the first
time)? If yes, in which way?

Another questions: how can I tell the Web Server "Tomcat" to activate more
instances
of a servlet or a JSP page?

Thanks a lot to everybody!

                                            Luca