tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Toby Saville <Toby.Savi...@ditm.nsw.gov.au>
Subject RE: FW: XML Parsing in Servlet
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:55:55 GMT
I tried using the file protocol in the doctype, similar to my original post,
ie:
<!DOCTYPE maps SYSTEM
"file:///d:/Projects/portfolio/webapps/xml/metadata.xml">

And this worked. But isnt this defeating the multiplatform and
distributability benefits of Java and webapps as you mentioned before? Is
there an alternative?

Thanks again.

t0bes

-----Original Message-----
From: Toby Saville
Sent: Monday, 23 September 2002 1:37 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: FW: XML Parsing in Servlet

Thanks for your help Jake,

I created an inputstream the way you said and passed it to the XML parser
but it stopped at the same point. I realised that i had set my DOCTYPE
definition to http://127.0.0.1/xml/metadata.xml. I figured this could be a
problem as the web server isnt yet started when the validation takes place.
So i changed my doctype from:
<!DOCTYPE maps SYSTEM "http://127.0.0.1/xml/maps.dtd">
to:
<!DOCTYPE maps SYSTEM "maps.dtd">
but now i get the following exception:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: maps.dtd

Is it time to post this question to an XML forum or are you able to tell me
how i should specify my doctype?

thanks again,

t0bes