tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Soefara Redzuan" <soefararedz...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Running XML-parsing servlets on Tomcat, using JAXP ?
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:59:13 GMT
>From: Kwok Peng Tuck <pengtuck@makmal.com>
>Hmm, how did you get a jasper directory under the tomcat root ?

That's where it is in Tomcat4.0.x under Windows 2000, at
least the version that I downloaded and installed.

>I checked my tomcat installation in Win2K & I didn't see anything like
>this.

Perhaps you have a different version to me. It seems that
the libraries shipped with Tomcat4 are changing a lot.

>Your /common/lib seems to have a lot more than the standard libraries that
>shipped with it, I 've got :
>            a) activation.jar
>            b) jdbc2_0-stdex.jar
>            c) jndi.jar
>            d) jta-spec1_0_1.jar
>            e) mail.jar
>            f) naming-common.jar
>            g) naming-resource.jar
>            h) servlet.jar
>            i) tools.jar
>            j) tyrex.license
>            k) tyrex-0.9.7.0.jar
>            l) xerces.jar

Well, in my version I had crimson.jar and not xerces.jar.

>How did dom.jar , xalan.jar, mysql.jar end up there ?

dom.jar and xalan.jar are part of the Java XML pack, along with
xercesImpl.jar, sax.jar, jaxp-api.jar and xsltc.jar. The Java XML
Pack says to put them in <tomcat_home>/common/lib

In your case, I think they would require you to remove xerces.jar

>Generally if you wish to use any other jar(s) you put them in {webapps
>root} /WEB-INF/lib .

That's true, but for libraries that you're going to use amongst
all webapps (eg. mysql.jar in my case), then you can also put them
in <tomcat_home>/common/lib

However, I do think I'll try what you said - put the libraries in
/webapps/<webapp name>/WEB-INF/lib and see if that helps. Will
let you know.

Thank you,

Soefara.