tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Manoj Kithany" <>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.40 - NOT working
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 21:51:29 GMT
Hi Peter,

I tried to do "ps -ef | grep httpd" after I execute "./apachectl start" but
it did'nt show me any process with httpd-that was my concern.

Also, I READ ALL the documentation and try it firet before shooting it on to
the Message List - I apologize it that is bothering you.

On web browser, I tried "http://my_ip_address" on which it should show "If
you see this page it means Apache is working..." but to me it says "Page
cannot be displayed"

THANKS again!

Manoj G. Kithany

>From: "Peter T. Abplanalp" <>
>Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.40 - NOT working
>Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:44:28 -0600
>On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 09:18:23PM +0000, Manoj Kithany wrote:
> > After installation I tried to see if my Web Server is working. So, I
> > to execute the following command but there was no reply.
> > ---------------------------------
> > # ./apachectl start
> > #
> > ---------------------------------
> > I also check on the browser but it showed page not found.
>so what?  was the page you are trying to get to there or
>not?  if the httpd server was not running you would get a
>connection refused message, not page not found.
> > When I was using Apache 1.3 previously and executed apachectl start, it
> > displayed the message "httpd serevr started". Does this mean my Apache
> > 2.0.40 Server installation is not complete?
>how should we know?  did you follow the directions?  does ps
>- -ef | grep httpd show that there are httpd processes
>running?  what do the logs say?  you did check them, didn't
>btw - add some sort of linux documentation to the list of
>M's that you should FR.
>- --
>Peter Abplanalp
>Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

Join the worldís largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message