tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Manoj Kithany" <>
Subject Re: configuring 4.0.4 with Apache 2.0.40 (mod_jk)
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 23:19:42 GMT
Hi John,

Syntax Error "Addmodule" means that your Apache is NOT installed with DSO -
Dynamic Shared Object - check on that. Try installing Apache using...
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-so

I am also struggling integrating APache with Tomcat. I had been working for
7 days on this - still trying to figure it out.

Anyways, good luck.

Manoj G. Kithany

>From: "Blackmore, John" <>
>To: "''" <>
>Subject: configuring 4.0.4 with Apache 2.0.40 (mod_jk)
>Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:11:09 -0400
>I'm struggling like mad trying to get this to work, and I've had nothing
>problems. I'm in Solaris 8, Apache 2.0.40, and Tomcat 4.0.4. First, is this
>hopeless? Do I need to up/downgrade something? I'd be grateful for a
>story at this point, someone that has this environment.
>After compiling (took about 2 days), I added the lines from the
>mod_jk howto to httpd.conf:
>LoadModule    jk_module  libexec/
>AddModule     mod_jk.c
>JkWorkersFile /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/
>JkLogFile     /usr/local/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
>JkLogLevel    info
>JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
>except there is no libexec, so I used lib. I copied the by hand
>since 'ant install' didn't work. I also changed the dirs to what my dirs
>really are for JkWorkersFile and JkLogFile. I get the following error when
>starting Apache:
>Syntax error on line 232 of /Tools/Apache/conf/httpd.conf:
>Invalid command 'AddModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
>included in the server configuration
>I have no idea what this means - can anyone help?
>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
>confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
>it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
>in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
>take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
>it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
>for your compliance.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>