tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat, JVMs and performance help please
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:02:15 GMT
Hi,
Why don't you download all the ones that will run on your platform and
compare performance for each one?  That would be more accurate then
reading reports.  For example, I used the Volano Report at
http://www.volano.com/report/index.html
in the past, but now that it doesn't include JDK 1.4 it's not pertinent
to me anymore.

In addition, I found out the performance of our system was different
from their benchmarks.  The same thing can happen with any benchmark /
JVM / OS combination.  Try all the ones you can with your specific app,
and see what works best ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics