tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How to get Excel directly started using response.setContentType(...) from JSP?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:58:56 GMT
Hi,
Both of these depend on your user's configuration to some extent.  For
example, I personally have the .xls extension configured to bring up the
question (save or open).

Be careful not to forget that handling of responses based on content
type or extension is completely controllable by the user, who can assign
an arbitrary application to each extension.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

/servlet/abc/result.xls?p=1)

>I can use response.setContentType(...) from JSP too, but I was not able
>use
>a JSP path to end with "xls", thus when I start (click on a link) the
JSP