tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hiatt, Jeff" <jhi...@stsn.com>
Subject Cannot instantiate class: com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientIn itialContextFactory
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 02:14:36 GMT
I have deployed some EJBs on Orion 1.5.4 and they seem to be working fine.
I can access them via a test client from the command line. However when I
try to connect to them via a servlet running on Tomcat 4.1.10 I get the
error
listed above in the subject. Below is the code snippet where the error
occurs...

// Create a JNDI naming context for locating objects
Properties prop = new Properties();
prop.put( Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
	"com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory" );
prop.put( Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ormi://servername/reportsServer" );
prop.put( Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "xxxxx" );
prop.put( Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "xxxxx" );

context = new InitialContext(prop);

This last line is where the error occurs. I have included all of the same
jars in the projectname/WEB-INF/lib folder that I use in the classpath
from the command line. Oh and it works from the command line from
different machines as well. Just not from my servlet.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Jeff