tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carlos <Car...@pbsinet.com>
Subject RE: installing a war file to tomcat-4.0.4
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 18:40:55 GMT
Hi Antoine,
Using the manger to deploy war files, I have found that I can deploy a war
file and the whole directory structure of the file is created properly.  But
if I remove the war file (I even delete the directory that the war file
created) and then re-deploy, sometimes the directory structure does not
appear.  In these cases I have to restart tomcat to get the directory
structure.  Since the problem appears randomly I am guessing that it is a
bug somewhere.

Regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Solomon [mailto:asolomon15@nyc.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 2:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: installing a war file to tomcat-4.0.4

This is one of the most confusing things about tomcat.   if you deploy a
test.war file using the manager's install function, Why does tomcat
simply create an empty directory using the name of the path?   I can't
get tomcat to see the war file I wish to deploy.  I would have to
restart tomcat in order for it to create a directory that shows the
contents of test.war.  From another users advice I used the reload
command and this provided no solution.   What seems to be the problem?