tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Thompson <chris.thomp...@xtempus.com>
Subject RE: (OT) Cannot see Localhost on Apache
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:32:07 GMT
Or, just a thought, have you checked whether it is listening on 8080 rather
than 80?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:JTurner@AAS.com]
Sent: 30 September 2002 13:26
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: (OT) Cannot see Localhost on Apache

Did you install a firewall?  Did you change your network settings in any
way, shape or form?  Add a cable modem, DSL router, or other network
hardware?  Do you have some sort of virus filter running on port 80?  Are
you sure Apache even starts?  Apache works out of the box in a default
install...there could be any number of other reasons why it doesn't serve
pages, none of them related to the Apache config file.

John