tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stephan Schwab" <sch...@dinx.net>
Subject JNDI Realm on Tomcat 4 does not work
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:35:55 GMT
Hi,

I want to secure a webapp with the JNDI realm. But the LDAP query is
sent wrong to my OpenLDAP server.

Here is a snippet from server.xml:

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
            connectionURL="ldap://localhost"
            userPattern="uid=(0),ou=people,dc=yikester,dc=net"
            roleBase="ou=groups,dc=yikester,dc=net"
            roleName="cn"
            roleSearch="(uniqueMember=(0))"
            userPassword="userPassword" />

On the OpenLDAP server I see in the logfile:

SRCH base="uid=(0),ou=people,dc=yikester,dc=net" scope=0
filter="(objectClass=*)"

So, the problem is that something prevents the exchange of uid=(0) with
the username in question.

I've tried with Tomcat 4.0.4 included in Netbeans 3.4 IDE and with
Tomcat 4.1.10. ldap.jar is from java.sun.com. I've tried with ldap.jar
from Novell Too, but the result is the same.

Any hints?

Stephan