tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chuck Carson" <Chuck.Car...@syrrx.com>
Subject Relative Servlet Path
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:44:10 GMT

If I have a servlet, say ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/MyServlet, what would be
the relative path for this servlet. ie: If I have a variable as such:

String myconfig = "db/file.dat";

What is this path relatvie to, would it be the same directory as the
servlet, thus I would create ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/db ?

Sorry if this is newbie, I have only been using tomcat for 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck Carson
Sr. Systems Administrator
Syrrx, Inc.
10410 Science Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
E: ccarson@syrrx.com <mailto:ccarson@syrrx.com>
W: 858.731.3540
M: 858.442.0827

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.