tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chuck Carson" <Chuck.Car...@syrrx.com>
Subject Does Tomcat require restart when chaning classes?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:50:50 GMT

I had the following class:
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/MyClass.class

If I modify this class (ie recompile) how can I make it active w/o
restarting tomcat? As it stands now (with my current server config,
which is pretty much default) I can only get news changes visible after
a server restart.

Thanks,
CC

Chuck Carson
Sr. Systems Administrator
Syrrx, Inc.
10410 Science Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
E: ccarson@syrrx.com <mailto:ccarson@syrrx.com>
W: 858.731.3540
M: 858.442.0827

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.