tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Can someone PLEASE tell me why tomcat uses so much CPU???
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 06:23:56 GMT
Testing after a fundamental change is always a good idea.

Although the API's are the same, neither of the JDK's is
bug free. If you will hit the bug, depends on your
application.

We experienced the following:
  - IBM JDK is in most of our cases faster and more stable than
    the sun jdk.
  - In few cases the IBM jdk is less stable. We have one site on a
    dedicated server that crashed regularly with the IBM JDK but
    not wit sun's, although we have other sites on a different
    server with basicaly the same application on a different
    server that run without problems on the IBM JDK.