tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: two instances of tomcat (in diferent ports) on the same machi ne
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 06:59:57 GMT
We install different versions of tomcat like this:

/usr/local/java/tomcat-4.0.3
/usr/local/java/tomcat-4.1.10

For each site we have something like this:

/www/online/<site>
  /log
    dirctory for the log file
  /conf
    web.xml
    server.xml
      and other files that contain the site specific setup for tomcat
      (tailored versions of the files that are provided by
       tomcat)
      make shure that the combination of IP and port are unique for
      each instance of tomcat.
  /work
    Directory where tomcat stores the genared files and classes
  /webapps
     Directories for the contexts
  /bin
    start.sh
      Script that calls the tomcat version that we want to use
      for this site with the environment for this site:

      JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java/jdk/sun1.3.1
      CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/java/tomcat-4.0.3
      CATALINA_BASE=/www/online/<site>