tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: tomcat 4.1.10 mishandling nested variables in tags?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:24:23 GMT
That's not the only problem.

Expressions (<%= %>) are not converted to Strings
before giving them to methods like encode() or include().

By now I have two examples:

1.)
  <jsp:include ..>
    <jsp:param name="value" value="<%= 1 %>" />
  </jsp:include>

2.)
  <jsp:include page="<%= new StringBuffer("") %>" flush="true"/>

Both ways cause Exception because the value of the expression
is directly used for methods that expect a string.

Given that and other problems that have been mentioned today
I would currently forget about using 4.1.10. (As the last
tc version I used is 4.0.3, I can't make any recommendations)