tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Read <chris.r...@ocado.com>
Subject Custom ErrorReportValve
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:33:22 GMT
Greetings all...

I've been digging around trying to find out an easy way to have a customized
ErrorReportValve for Tomcat 4.0.x. The only custom error type information
I've been able to find refers to setting the page-error tags in web.xml.
This is fine for error conditions within an application, but what if the
application is not available?

>From my testing, I've seen that when the application is dead (simulated by
stopping it with the Manager app), and you try accessing the context of the
dead app, you get a 404 error page generated by Catalina. I see that in
Tomcat 4.1.x there is now an option in the <Host> entry of server.xml to
specify a custom ErrorReportValve, but is there something similar in
4.0.x???

Thanks in advance for the time...

Chris

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

Notice:  This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of Ocado Limited (the
"Company"). Opinions and views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect the opinions
and views of the Company.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete all copies
of this message. Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses.

Company reg. no. 3875000.  Swallowdale Lane, Hemel Hempstead HP2 7PY