tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vikramjit Singh <vikramj...@gtllimited.com>
Subject RE: Ref Http Session
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:54:14 GMT

You can write a servlet, and in the destroy method of the servlet call the
commands for removing the SESSION.ser.
Or through java.io.File class delete the work dir. Have not tried it, you
could give it a try.

> - I f I understand the session, Tomcat try firts to work with
> Cookie and
> then if, cookie are deactivated, Tomcat use url rewriting.

Yeah thats right.
By default, session tracking uses cookies to associate a session identifier
with a user. To also support users that access a servlet with a browser that
does not support cookies, or that is set up to reject cookies, URL rewriting
is used.