tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vikramjit Singh <vikramj...@gtllimited.com>
Subject RE: Query
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:28:01 GMT

If i get you correctly, you mean that your war file is expanded, and any
changes made in the war file are not reflected.
I dont think it is possible in 3.x, coz tc expands the .war files to the
directory structure, then it does not look into the war file. It just serves
the pages from the directory.
If you put a new war file, tc does not load it since there is a directory
with the same name, but if you delete the folder then tc reads from the war
file and unzips it.

In TC 4.x you could use the manager for reloading the application without
restarting tomcat.