tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Dunn" <rob...@insfin.com>
Subject RE: getConnection() returning a NULL JDBC driver
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 06:44:48 GMT
Hi Rosdi,

I tried your suggestions without much luck. When I create a context
reference to the  Interbase DB the code fails on the following line:

   	DataSource ds = (DataSource) envCtx.lookup("jdbcTranshub");

with the error:

	Name jdbcTranshub is not bound in this Context

The entry I created in the Server.XML file is:

	<Context path="C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\transhub"
docBase="transhub" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
          <ResourceLink global="jdbc/Transhub" name="jdbcTranshub"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
	</Context>

Java code is:

		Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
		DataSource ds = (DataSource) envCtx.lookup("jdbcTranshub");
		Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance, Rob.