tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Liu, Xiaoyan" <x...@CapitalThinking.com>
Subject tomcat 4.1.9 tag pooling and HOW-TO on custom tags?
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:32:50 GMT
Hi,

I just tried our custom tags on Tomcat4.1.9 with jdk1.4.
Some iteration kind of tags seem not working properly.
For instance:

 <mytag:loop collection="X">
   <mytag:value object="element" />
 </mytag:loop>

loops on a collection X but always prints out the first
element in the collection. My guess is that 'mytag:value' tag
is being pooled and the same tag instance is used.

So what are the caveats of writing custom tags with tag pooling
in action? My tags do have 'release()' method. What does
'tagPool.reuse()' do exactly?

thanks.

liu