tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rutledge, Aaron" <ARutle...@5prime.com>
Subject TomCat network authentication in Windows Domain
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 15:15:53 GMT
Hi List,
    I have run in to a problem that I can't track down.  In my intranet application I can't
get a servlet to retreive any file system objects that do not have read-only access for everyone
even though the same code allows me to access these objects using the same JVM on the same
machine through a regular application.  I am wondering if TomCat uses its own security settings
somehow to access these resources through a servlet?  This is beyond the scope of this list,
but in general how does the JVM authenticate with a W2K domain?  Does it authenticate as the
user logged in to the server the JVM is running on?  I can't find a lot on this topic.  At
any rate--maybe someone can help me with what is going on with TomCat and accessing network
resources.  Surprisingly, I haven't found any discussions on this.  Any help--GREATLY appreciated.
 I am totally stumped and don't know where to go from here.  --Aaron