tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Colic, Alex" <alex.co...@rbc.com>
Subject Anyone else have problems migrating apps to tomcat4.1.9.
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:13:27 GMT
Hi,

I have a web application that has been working fine in tomcat 4.0.1 for a
couple of months now. I want to move over to 4.1.9+ to get a couple of
features. I like the new management console and the improved jndi database
access.

I installed tomcat and moved my app over to the web apps directory. The app
now somewhat works. A few problems.

Any jsp in a sub folder does not work. If I try to access them I get a
'can't compile the jsp error'.

Session attributes seem to be out of wack. When I user logs in I put a user
object in their session. If they try to access a management page I have a
tag that checks to see if that object exists in the session and if they have
the required security attributes. I stepped through that tag code and the
session the code gets is new and therefore the object is not there.

Anyone else have any problems with migrating applications over to 4.1.9?

Thanks

Alex

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related
rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information
it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail
in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations
qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements
qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de
courriel ou par un autre moyen.