tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Larry Isaacs" <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: tomcat config questions
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:29:12 GMT

In the default configuration, the Ajp12Connector is involved with
shutting down Tomcat.  If you remove this connector, be sure to
add:

	shutDownEnable="true"

to the Ajp13Connector so it can handle shutdowns.  See:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/serverxml.html#Ajp13Connector>

for details.

> We unfortunatly will be running tomcat with apache 1.3.14,
> due to other
> applications on the server which require it. Are there any
> known problems
> that might exisit?

If you can live with the default behavior of Tomcat serving
all web application requests, instead of having Apache
serve static content for example, then the configuration
will be much simpler.  Deviating from this will add complications
depending on exactly what it is you want to do.

Cheers,
Larry