tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject Hosting services
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:05:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for a hosting service in USA right now.
What would you recomend ?

The applications use :
- two virtual hosts (private/public),
- tomcat 4.04 ( has been tested in tomcat 4.1.10),
- MySQL database (or Oracle, MSSQL, DB2 (have been tested)),
- features of using web.xml configurations (for initialize on startup, servlet-mappings, etc).

The applications can be deployed as war/ear or folders over ftp. We need access to be able
to start/stop the applications or tomcat-service.
Preferably we would like to be able to run asp too, so that really means that the server needs
to run IIS and win2k server (not unix).
Preferably we would like to have dedicated JVM, or tomcat instance.

please recomend something you have tried or tested your self, I've found probably 100 different
ISP that provide some kind of Java, some obviously dont fit, others may, yet others we might
change our apps to work with,  but I dont have time to sign up and try em all out.... :)

thank you
-reynir@hugsmidjan.is