tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Heric <jhe...@Emery-Waterhouse.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.1.10 mishandling nested variables in tags?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:52:42 GMT

I upgraded to 4.1.10 and got some similar, strange
behaviour with variables in my tags showing up
null.

Here is the work around I used:

I disabled tag handler pooling on the jsp page compiler
in the global web.xml file as follows:

at $CATALINA_BASE/conf/web.xml I added:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>logVerbosityLevel</param-name>
            <param-value>DEBUG</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>enablePooling</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

I am no longer having any problems with my tag libs.

Jacob