tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Cannot setup tomcat
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:33:25 GMT

OK, so if Tomcat is on a separate machine, you have to make sure your Host
element in server.xml is correct.

If you are accessing your machine with a URL like http://1.2.3.4:8080 than
the Host element has to have "1.2.3.4" in it.  If the URL is something like
http://my.internal.host:8080 than the Host element has to have
"my.internal.host" in it.  The default is "localhost", which means only
http://localhost:8080 will work, and that will only work from the same
machine that has Tomcat on it.

John