tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: DESPAIR : Apache NOT talking with Tomcat now...
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:10:12 GMT

You have to take it one step at a time.  One single step at a time.  Don't
get inventive, don't grasp at straws.

>From what I have seen in all the threads here on this topic, the ONE THING
that must be set correctly is the host name.  It must be set the same all
the way through:  Apache's ServerName/VirtualHost, the host name in
workers.properties, all the host names in server.xml.  Raj Mettai went
around in circles for weeks, and the problem was the host name.  This has
also been true in other threads.

You honestly have to be very specific when you post, otherwise we will ALL
go in circles.  Don't say "I got inventive and it didn't work".  That
doesn't help anyone help you, as we have no way of knowing what "inventive"
means!

Please post YOUR SPECIFIC CONFIGURATION.  OS, version numbers, hostnames,
relevant portion of httpd.conf, workers.properties, relevant portion of
server.xml.  Please remember that if you post your configuration and ask for
help, people will answer your questions based on the configuration you have
posted...if you change things in the meantime, then the answer given to you
by someone else probably won't work.

Yes, the instructions work.  Numerous people are running a configuration
with Apache and Tomcat on separate boxes.  It does work.  You just have to
work through each thing one step at a time.

John