tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Url Mapping with mod_jk
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:19:15 GMT

Actually, posting your mod_jk.conf file would be of more help...that's where
the JkMount directives that aren't working should be.

You have the Listener elements (*.ApacheConfig) in your server.xml.  There's
no need to have anything in httpd.conf except:

Include /some/path/to/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

The other thing I would change is to add forwardAll="false" to your Listener
directives...the default is true, and as far as I know, unless you
explicitly state "false", all requests for that URL will go to Tomcat,
making Apache (and mod_jk) redundant.  You want only dynamic requests (*.jsp
and servlet/*) to go to Tomcat.

A working mod_jk.conf file is here:
http://www.johnturner.com/howto/mod_jk_conf.html

That file was generated by Tomcat, I didn't do anything to it except sub in
"xxx.yyy.com" for my actual hostname.

John