tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Apache + Tomcat multiple instances
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:55:25 GMT

What was your reasoning for needing two instances?  Are the configurations
between the two instances very different?

You can easily have multiple web applications under one tomcat
instance...each with it's own configuration.  I wouldn't run two distinct
instances of tomcat unless there was a really good reason, like hosting
multiple sites and you want to be able to stop/start Tomcat on each one
without affecting the others, etc.

John