tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lucioni Lorenzo" <>
Subject Apache SOAP deployied in Tomcat, a little question
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:35:04 GMT
I've just installed Tomcat 4.0.4 and I deployed Apache SOAP 2.3.1 successfull.
When I try to have any of SOAP function (list of application or deploy or un-deploy) I have
java errors due to an incorrect class-path.
It means, for example, jasper doesn't fount tools.jar or mail.jar ... I have them in my jdk
lib directory and I have them in the system classpath (CLASSPATH environment variable), but
Tomcat seems to override the CLASSPATH enviromnent variable searching just in %CATALINA_HOME%\bin
so I need to copy jdk jars (such as tools.jar) there.
Why tomcat doesn't use the CLASSPATH variable instead of override it?

unfortunately I need to unsubscribe immediatly ... please reply me to my private address (

Thank you very much,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message