tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Milbourne <anthony.milbou...@becta.org.uk>
Subject RE: jk_ajp errors in mod_jk.log ???
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:33:52 GMT
Hi John

I onjy just noticed that this is in your HowTo (Apache 1.3.26 - Tomcat
4.0.4, at least) as well as in the list archives.  The example
wrokers.properties file you have given has a minor error.  It should be:

	# BEGIN workers.properties
	#
	# Setup for apache system
	#
	# make this equal to CATALINA_HOME
	workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4
	#
	# make this equal to JAVA_HOME
	workers.java_home=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_01
	#
	ps=/
	worker.list=ajp13

	# Definition for Ajp13 worker
	#
	worker.ajp13.port=8009

	# change this line to match apache ServerName and Host name in
server.xml
	worker.ajp13.host=localhost

	worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
	#
	# END workers.properties
	I have removed ajp12 from line 12 as Tomcat 4.0.4 doesn't need it
(as far as I know) and if you have it there without the appropriate
connector defined in server.xml it causes communication errors.
	I hope that helps...
		Anthony.

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com