tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Milbourne <anthony.milbou...@becta.org.uk>
Subject RE: Url Mapping with mod_jk
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:36:28 GMT
Hi

I'm still trying to get this URL mapping to work.

I have sorted out some other problems in the mean time but still have a
problem (a different one) with URL Mapping.

As an asside: Your HowTo was very useful Jonh.  It turned out that I had a
previous deffinition of the virtualhost I wanted in Apache's httpd.conf
file.  I thought Apache would merge duplicates or complain - but it just
ignores redeffinitions.  It may be worth putting an asside in the HowTo
telling people to make sure the virtualhost isn't already defined.

Back to the URL mapping problem:

I tried using a command (in server.xml) such as:

<Context path="" docBase="stagenewngfl" />

But this didnt generate a corresponding entry in the autogenerated
mod_jk.conf.  The standard entry mapping the stagenewngfl webapp to
/stagenewngfl was there but nothing else.

As an experiment I tried:

<Context path="/" docBase="stagenewngfl" />

which did generate an extra mapping in mod_jk.conf.  That mapping
unfortunately has an extra / in front of all the URL paths.  So
/stagenewngfl/index.jsp is now mapped to //index.jsp.

Any ideas why Tomcat is ignoring the context with the empty path parameter?

Thanks,

		Anthony.

PS - Thanks also to Vincent Gaboriau for your response - hopefully I have
moved on a bit now.

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com