tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Whitcomb, Roger" <Roger.Whitc...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Keith -RE: Wrapper and Servlet unavailable errors...
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:29:18 GMT
Keith,
	In my Ant build scripts, I have %CATALINA_HOME%/common/lib for the "extdirs" param (which
is essentially the classpath for extra stuff).  That should do it to eliminate the javax.servlet.*
errors.
	I guess you could use -classpath or -extdirs with the above.  And then the .class files need
to go into your webapp/WEB-INF/classes directory.
	Hope this helps.

Roger Whitcomb
Computer Associates
Senior Software Engineer
Development
Phone: +1 408 965 8653
FAX: +1 408 965 8805
roger.whitcomb@ca.com <mailto:roger.whitcomb@ca.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: KEITH PEMBERTON [mailto:gatep5@charter.net]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 3:01 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Keith -RE: Wrapper and Servlet unavailable errors...

Don't sweat it...  I know that tomcat and the whole
JSP/Servlet world is still a little new to me.  Thanks for
the apology and I'm sorry for my attitude as well...
 Anyway, I'm am having problems compling the
AuthenticateServlet.java file when I do it manually (javac
AuthenticateServlet.java).  I am sure I need to add a
classpath after the javac command, but I don't know what
to add.  The errors that it produces all relate to
specific items in the javax.servlet.* packages... I gotta
go for now and will detail more later...

Keith