tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Whitcomb, Roger" <Roger.Whitc...@ca.com>
Subject Keith -RE: Wrapper and Servlet unavailable errors...
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:36:58 GMT
Keith,
	I apologize for my attitude and that I offended you.  I see (now) your previous posts about
the problem.  What (if anything) changed a day ago when the problem started?  Did you check
the location of the compiled .class file (AuthenticateServlet.class)?  Is it in the WEB-INF\classes
directory?  So, the error just comes up the first time you access the page after restarting
Tomcat?  Do you make changes to the servlet code, recompile and then restart Tomcat?  Are
you using NetBeans all the time to compile the servlet?  I wonder if it is a timing problem.

Roger Whitcomb
Computer Associates
Senior Software Engineer
Development
Phone: +1 408 965 8653
FAX: +1 408 965 8805
roger.whitcomb@ca.com <mailto:roger.whitcomb@ca.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: KEITH PEMBERTON [mailto:gatep5@charter.net]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 1:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Wrapper and Servlet unavailable errors...

I find your comments to be unwarrented and quite offensive
and yes I have written three emails about this problem and
posted the error messages that I have gotten.  Usually if
ppl need more info they ask for it and I provide.  Yes,
the application has worked before and this problem just
started a day ago.  I have switch from Tomcat 4.0.4 to
4.1.10 with no better results.  I am using the NetBeans
IDE to develop the application.  I can run the application
just fine when using the tomcat version under NetBeans.
 Trying to use the other version, though, produces these
error messages in succession.  Once I get the first error
message about the wrapper not being able to find the
servlet class it doesn't appear again until I restart the
Tomcat4 service.  To recap, I have a servlet
(AuthenticateServlet) under the root folder of my app.  I
have three jsp pages (login, error, and main).  The login
page accesses the AuthenticateServlet to check to see if
the user can log into the database.  If so, the user is
redirected to the main page; if not then the error page is
shown.  I will attach the source for each document page to
see if you can spot something that I haven't seen yet...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:50:33 -0400
  "Whitcomb, Roger" <Roger.Whitcomb@ca.com> wrote:
>Keith,
>	You might want to read the "How to Ask Questions"
>guidelines at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html
>and at
>http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.
> Its VERY hard to provide much help without much more
>specific information.  There may be timing issues, or
>spelling problems (everything is case-sensitive) or path
>problems or version problems.  And other configuration
>information, things like OS, TC and JDK versions.  Did
>this just start happening when it was working before?
> Has it ever worked?  Is it intermittent or consistent?
>	And also, this is a very active mailing list (100s of
>postings per day) so sometimes you just need patience.
>
>Roger Whitcomb
>Computer Associates
>Senior Software Engineer
>Development
>Phone: +1 408 965 8653
>FAX: +1 408 965 8805
>roger.whitcomb@ca.com <mailto:roger.whitcomb@ca.com>

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">