tomcat-users mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 404
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 07:00:58 GMT
The initial file that worked for you was in the ROOT application.  Do you
have access to books on Tomcat?  What is your situation?  If you put the
file hello.jsp into the webapps directory, you are just beginning, I take
it?  You need to get a book on Tomcat, read some on Servlets, maybe,
etc.  Give me a better idea of where you are so I can direct you to a
correct resource.  If you want to see your file, drop it into ROOT, then
try http://localhost:8080/hello.jsp.  Or, drop it into examples, and then
try http://localhost:8080/examples/hello.jsp.  Take a look at the url you
get when you go to examples from index.html after you get
http://localhost:8080/index.html.

I see the problem you are having.  Just don't know yet what your best thing
to do to start learning this is.