tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Rimov <>
Subject WEB-INF/lib Xerces2 vs. common/lib Xerces 1
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:16:05 GMT
Hey All,

I've got a weird class loading problem that I was wondering if somebody
knew the best workaround:

We're shooting to deliver Xerces 2 with our webapp framework (Expresso)...
but since Tomcat comes with Xerces 1 in the common/lib, I'm finding a weird
conflict.  The directory layout is:

The offending code is as follows:

When the last line is called, I get a 'class not found' error, which is
DOMErrorHandler (Xerces 2 specific).  So obviously, the above code is
picking up a combination of Xerces 1 jar, and Xerces 2 jar.

So, since we don't want to have every installation out there deleting the
xerces.jar that comes with Tomcat 4, does anybody have a suggested
workaround so that we can make sure we're getting the Xerces 2

Thanks in advance!!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message