tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Wragg <will...@datapro.co.uk>
Subject SIGSEGV error and SCO OpenServer
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:58:24 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to install Tomcat 4.0.4 on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 box with Java
SDK 1.2.2 (This is the newest SDK release available for this platform)

I can run Tomcat 3.3.1 on the system but Tomcat 4.0.4 gives the following
error in the $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out file:

SIGSEGV 11* segmentation violation

Then vast swathes of dump output.

I checked the archives and found people having similar problems with Java
1.2.2 and Tomcat 4.0.4 on other systems. The recommended solution seems to
be to set the stack size to 2048(kbytes?). Unfortunately I cannot seem to
find out how to do that on SCO.

Is there anyone out there who has got this combination running on SCO
OpenServer 5.0.5.
Any help greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Wm.